Homemade Natural Tips How to Deodorize Carpet With Baking Soda. The benefits of using baking soda to clean carpets and how to do it yourself at home. There are many different chemicals available for cleaning carpets at home, however, baking soda is much cheaper and is also natural. You can use this to combat the following problems.
Using Baking Soda To Clean Carpets
1. Get rid of carpet stains:
Baking soda is great for removing stains from carpets caused by spills, urine, vomit, or food. It is also excellent for lifting fat.
2. Get rid of odors:
This works as a natural deodorant and draws our odors from the fibers. This also works on furniture like mattresses.
Once bed bugs have infected furniture, it can be very difficult to get rid of them. Spraying soda on the affected areas will destroy these parasites from your home.
4. Eliminate moisture:
Many people who have suffered flooding in their home, or have damp carpets, can use this powder to dry their carpets.
5. Eliminate mold:
Mold is a form of fungus or mold that grows in damp areas of the home. It has a musty smell and can be harmful to health. Baking soda kills mold after removing moisture.
How To Use Baking Soda On Carpet. You will need a large tub of baking soda, a vacuum cleaner, a sweeping brush.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the carpets you want to clean.
- Be generous and use as much as possible.
- Let stand on the mat for 3 hours.
- Then use the sweeping brush to gently brush the baking soda into the fibers.
- This will help remove stains and deeper odors.
- Leave this again overnight and use the vacuum to clean the dust.
- The baking soda will absorb moisture, stains, and odors.
- For stubborn stains, you may need to use a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice.
Baking soda is good for many things, including absorbing excess moisture, which is great for neutralizing odors in your carpet. But if you’re spreading baking soda all over the carpet, let it sit and then vacuum it up; You are not taking advantage of your property and you may be making your family sick.