Soursop Leaves Benefits and Uses (Graviola) – Fruit Health Tips. The Health Benefits of Soursop leaves, also known as Graviola or Guyabano. Thank you for listening, I hope this information has been helpful to you, alike is always appreciated and remember to subscribe below for more life-enhancing content. If you’re interested in a red smoothie detox for weight loss, or perhaps our other health videos, please click the images on the screen. I wish you great health, wealth, and happiness.
Soursop Leaves Benefits and Uses
- 1. The leaves of the soursop plant are commonly found in tropical climates such as the Caribbean, Africa, Southeast Asia, Central America, and South America.
- 2. They have many different health benefits and are therefore used to treat a variety of different health problems as alternative medicine.
- 3. In order to consume the leaves, the best method is to make herbal tea. This can be achieved by simply combining boiling water, with a portion of freshly cut or dried leaves.
- 4. One of the main uses is to alleviate pain which is caused by arthritis. You can do this by mashing the leaves and applying directly to the skin.
- 5. Because soursop leaves are naturally anti-inflammatory, they are often used to treat those suffering with a cold and have blocked nasal passages.
- 6. They also help if you have over-exerted yourself during exercise, and have aching joints. The soursop leaves tea will help ease this joint and muscle pain.
- 7. Back pain, neck pain, and headaches can also be reduced by drinking 1 cup of this tea per day.
- 8. If you have trouble sleeping, drinking this may help you have a relaxing night’s sleep, due to its sedative properties.
- 9. If you’re suffering from skin conditions such as eczema, applying mashed leaves directly to the skin will help to soothe and alleviate these problems.
- 10. Soursop leaves have been scientifically proven to kill both liver and breast cancer cells, and may also help people with side-effects from chemotherapy.
- 11. The entire soursop tree is very rich in iron. Therefore drinking soursop tea, will help to increase the red blood cell count, to cure those suffering from anemia.
- 12. It has also been shown to treat gallbladder and liver problems, even reducing glucose levels for people who have high blood sugar or diabetes.
- 13. Like most leafy greens, soursop helps the body to digest foods more efficiently, providing relief from constipation and bloating.
- 14. Other parts of the soursop tree may also be eaten, including the fruit, bark, and roots. All in which are used to treat similar conditions.