Salt for Ear Infection – Natural Health Tips. How to use salt for ear infections. Thank you very much for listening, I wish you great health, wealth, and happiness.
Salt for Ear Infection
- 1. If you are suffering from pain from an ear infection, you can use heated salt as a natural remedy.
- 2. In order to do this, you will need a coarse sea or rock salt. Do not use table salt, as this will not work.
- 3. Add 2 cups of salt to a pan, and heat for about 5 minutes. Be sure to keep this completely dry.
- 4. Carefully place the heated salt in a plain white sock or tea towel. Tie the ends so that the salt can’t escape.
- 5. Place the sock or towel against the ear, also pressing against the jaw bone. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- 6. Dab around the jaw until the pain disappears. The skin may become red due to the heat, this is fine but does not burn yourself.
- 7. The salt works well in radiating the heat. This works as an anti-inflammatory reducing pain and reducing fluid build-up behind the eardrum.
- 8. You can reheat the sock or cloth as many times as you need to. In order to boost the recovery time of your infection, please see our other health videos for natural remedies.
- 9. Always be careful when using this method on children, as they have sensitive skin which may burn faster.