Health Benefits of Keto Diet – List Of Ketogenic Diet Foods. Promotes Weight Loss: Since you have reduced your carbohydrates, all the proteins and fats accumulate together to give your body energy, and this helps reduce weight. People follow a ketogenic diet to reduce weight. It is very effective than other diet plans.
Health Benefits of Keto Diet – Diet Foods
It protects us against chronic diseases like cancer: your body depends on insulin for energy and your body stores it. During the ketogenic diet, it burns very quickly, so there is no need to store it. So less insulin helps protect you from any cancer or even slows the growth of cancer cells.
Control Blood Sugar Level: Low carbohydrates lead to low insulin levels, resulting in a controlled blood sugar level. But if you have diabetes, be sure to consult your doctor before starting the diet.
No Heart Disease: The ketogenic diet raises good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol, which is very helpful for the heart. The food we consume during the ketogenic diet helps lower insulin levels, which means less high blood pressure, heart failure, and any other heart conditions.
Clears Acne: Carbohydrates are believed to be the cause of acne, so reducing carbohydrates on the ketogenic diet helps reduce acne and provides glowing skin.
Control of epilepsy: Since the 1920s, ketogenic diets have helped control seizures caused by epilepsy. Other diseases it controls are Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease.
POS- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: This is the syndrome, where a woman’s ovaries are enlarged. A high level of insulin is the cause. The ketogenic diet reduces the level of insulin it produces and helps in the treatment of this syndrome.
NOTE: All of the above diseases are controlled with the Keto diet, but before starting your Keto plan, make sure you visit your doctor to find out your health status or hire a certified nutritionist to understand the foods you can consume.
Different types of ketogenic diets:
- Standard Ketogenic Diet: This is the basic ketogenic diet that is high in fat, moderate in protein, and low in carbohydrates. Contains 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% fat.
- Cyclical Keto Diet: This involves five days of Keto diet followed by two high carb days.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet: On this diet, you add carbohydrates to your diet only around workouts.
- High Protein Ketogenic Diets: Almost the same as the standard ketogenic diet, but includes more protein. It is 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbohydrates.
Athletes and bodybuilders use the cyclical and targeted ketogenic diet in advance and.
List of ketogenic diet foods:
According to the expert foods you can eat on the healthy Keto diet plan they are:
- Low- Carb Vegetables
- Meat and Poultry
- Coconut oil
- Plain Greek Yogurt and Cottage Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Nuts and Seeds
- Butter and Cream
- Unsweetened Coffee and Tea
- Dark Chocolates and Cocoa Powder
Note: Always keep in mind that before starting anything, consult a doctor.