How To Get Rid Of Canker Sores With Baking Soda. Use saltwater or rinse with baking soda (dissolve 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 cup of warm water). Apply a small amount of milk of magnesia to your canker sore several times a day. Avoid abrasive, acidic, or spicy foods that can cause more irritation and pain.
Baking Soda for Canker Sores
- Canker sores are small superficial ulcers that appear inside the mouth on soft tissue. from the gums to the tongue. These can be very painful and make eating or drinking difficult.
- Mouth sores are not the same as cold sores. Cold sores only appear on the outside of the lips and face. Mouth ulcers are only found inside the mouth and are not contagious.
- Most mouth ulcers clear up on their own in a week or two, however you may want to get get rid of them faster as they can be extremely painful.
- The sores themselves usually have a white or yellow center with a red border and can appear on the inside of the lips, gums, tongue, inside of the cheeks, or the roof of the mouth.
To cure this quickly and get rid of the pain, you can use the following remedy. 1 teaspoon of baking should be dissolved in 1/2 cup of warm water. Stir well and then use it as a baking soda mouthwash.
- Rinse your mouth regularly throughout the day with this mixture and you will notice the pain goes away.
- The alkalinity of baking soda destroys harmful bacteria in the mouth, accelerating until the healing process of the canker sore
- You can also hold a piece of ice against canker sores to reduce inflammation and speed up until the healing process.
Alternatively, you can just sprinkle some baking soda on your finger and hold it against the sore for 2-3 minutes. This will be painful as a reaction will occur, however, this is the fastest way to heal the ulcer. Make sure to spit out the baking soda soon after.
- Baking soda has a wide variety of uses around the home and for the body.